Rocky the boxer must have gotten some inspiration from Homeward Bound, the classic 1993 film about three pets who make an epic journey home across America.
The dog went missing in Mesa, Arizona two years ago before finally turning up in Indiana earlier this month — 1,800 miles away from where he disappeared, reports local CBS affiliate CBS5AZ .
Brittany Romero, whose son Aden owned Rocky, received a call from an Elkhart, Indiana animal clinic telling them the long lost pooch had been found. It took a relay of 26 volunteer rescue workers to drive Rocky back to his family.
Rocky’s owners are naturally elated. “I don’t even have words to explain how amazed and surprised I was,” said Romero. “I honestly, I just didn’t think I would see him for a good while, if at all,”
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science