A dog in Nebraska accidentally dialed 911 on a smartphone when trying to cuddle up next to its owner on the couch, AP reports.
The owner, Melissa Acosta, discovered her dog had dialed the number when she heard a voice asking for an address of emergency and realized her dog had scratched the screen of her smartphone lying in the couch with its paws.
The owner says the whole episode “was a little embarrassing.”
According to the 911 Assistant Director Marilyn Gable, it’s the first time a dog has called 911.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time