A dog in Nebraska accidentally dialed 911 on a smartphone when trying to cuddle up next to its owner on the couch, AP reports.
The owner, Melissa Acosta, discovered her dog had dialed the number when she heard a voice asking for an address of emergency and realized her dog had scratched the screen of her smartphone lying in the couch with its paws.
The owner says the whole episode “was a little embarrassing.”
According to the 911 Assistant Director Marilyn Gable, it’s the first time a dog has called 911.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body