Nicki Minaj appeared on Good Morning America on Friday morning and declared her short-lived beef with Taylor Swift officially squashed. The singers had been taking swipes at each other on social media since the nominations for MTV’s 2015 Video Music Awards were announced.
“I spoke to Taylor Swift yesterday on the phone,” Minaj said on GMA. “She was super, super sweet. She apologized. She said, ‘You know, look, I didn’t understand the big picture of what you were saying. But now I get it.’ So, we’re all good.”
The feud began on Tuesday after Minaj’s wildly popular “Anaconda” had been snubbed by the VMAs and she wrote a series of tweets about some of the nominated videos that Swift believed were directed at her. The situation escalated when Swift responded and Kim Kardashian and old Swift foe Katy Perry joined the fray as well. Swift apologized to Minaj on Thursday.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption