World Wrestling Entertainment severed ties with Terry Bollea (better known as Hulk Hogan) Friday due to alleged racist comments he made recently.
Business Insider reported that his profile page was removed from WWE.com, and that the pro wrestler’s merchandise has been removed from its online store. The organization has taken him off its online Hall of Fame, too.
The WWW released a statement blasting Hogan for making insensitive remarks in an audio file that was recently released: “WWE terminated its contract with Terry Bollea (aka Hulk Hogan). WWE is committed to embracing and celebrating individuals from all backgrounds as demonstrated by the diversity of our employees, performers and fans worldwide,” it said.
Hogan released a statement to People.com about using racist language in the past:
Hogan has also been embroiled in a controversy over a sex tape in which he’s featured and that Gawker Media published in 2012.
Hogan tweeted this message to his fans:
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time