World Wrestling Entertainment severed ties with Terry Bollea (better known as Hulk Hogan) Friday due to alleged racist comments he made recently.
Business Insider reported that his profile page was removed from WWE.com, and that the pro wrestler’s merchandise has been removed from its online store. The organization has taken him off its online Hall of Fame, too.
The WWW released a statement blasting Hogan for making insensitive remarks in an audio file that was recently released: “WWE terminated its contract with Terry Bollea (aka Hulk Hogan). WWE is committed to embracing and celebrating individuals from all backgrounds as demonstrated by the diversity of our employees, performers and fans worldwide,” it said.
Hogan released a statement to People.com about using racist language in the past:
Hogan has also been embroiled in a controversy over a sex tape in which he’s featured and that Gawker Media published in 2012.
Hogan tweeted this message to his fans:
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive