Last week, my brother got a drone for his birthday. The first day he used it, it flew up over some treetops and ran out of battery. He never saw where it landed.
YouTuber Harrisen Howes has an elegant solution for out-of-reach drones: use another drone.
In this video, set to Hans Zimmer’s epic “No Time For Caution” from the Interstellar soundtrack, Howes uses the camera of his new, bigger drone to home in on his older drone, which got stuck on his neighbor’s rooftop two months ago. With hooks made from wire hangers, the new drone latches onto the old one, lifts it into the air and returns it to safety like Anne Hathaway rescuing Matthew McConaughey from an icy planet.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow