Last week, my brother got a drone for his birthday. The first day he used it, it flew up over some treetops and ran out of battery. He never saw where it landed.
YouTuber Harrisen Howes has an elegant solution for out-of-reach drones: use another drone.
In this video, set to Hans Zimmer’s epic “No Time For Caution” from the Interstellar soundtrack, Howes uses the camera of his new, bigger drone to home in on his older drone, which got stuck on his neighbor’s rooftop two months ago. With hooks made from wire hangers, the new drone latches onto the old one, lifts it into the air and returns it to safety like Anne Hathaway rescuing Matthew McConaughey from an icy planet.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement