Last week, my brother got a drone for his birthday. The first day he used it, it flew up over some treetops and ran out of battery. He never saw where it landed.
YouTuber Harrisen Howes has an elegant solution for out-of-reach drones: use another drone.
In this video, set to Hans Zimmer’s epic “No Time For Caution” from the Interstellar soundtrack, Howes uses the camera of his new, bigger drone to home in on his older drone, which got stuck on his neighbor’s rooftop two months ago. With hooks made from wire hangers, the new drone latches onto the old one, lifts it into the air and returns it to safety like Anne Hathaway rescuing Matthew McConaughey from an icy planet.
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future
- 6 Groups Making Mental Health Care More Accessible to People of Color