GoPro is teaming up with streaming app Meerkat to let consumers broadcast their adventures in real time.
CNBC reports that those who own GoPro3, along with the upcoming GoPro4 update, will be able to connect the product to Meerkat in order to livestream. The move is a bid to compete with Periscope, which is integrated with Twitter for streaming.
Meerkat first announced the plan to work with GoPro at VidCon, a conference for people who make video online, according to CNBC, which also noted that Meerkat and Periscope are facing another competitor in the app streaming space:
Fortune published Everything you need to know about the hot new app Meerkat in March.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow