There’s been a bit of drama on Twitter about the recent VMA nominations, mostly in the form of Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift tweeting back and forth. (It began when Minaj realized her video for “Anaconda” wasn’t up for Best Choreography and Video of the Year.)
Bruno Mars, whose video for “Uptown Funk” did earn a nomination for Video of the Year, noticed this so-called beef and decided he wanted in on the action. So he attempted to spar with fellow nominee Ed Sheeran. NSFW language ahead:
Sheeran responded quickly, apparently poking fun at Mars’ notoriously short stature:
Then Mars went for some puns:
And Sheeran tried to do something similar:
Stay tuned for further developments in this growing battle. Some people are really hoping it turns into an all-out feud:
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow