A Florida homeowner peered out her window this past weekend and saw her backyard—complete with a snoozing black bear.
Bob Cross, of Lake Mary in Seminole County, was called to the scene on Saturday for his expertise in dealing with “nuisance critters,” but even he was stumped as to what to do.
“That’s a big bear. That’s a huge bear,” Cross recalled thinking, according to WFTV.
The bear had apparently dragged a 20-pound bag of dog food from a garage to a tree, which doubled as the location of his catnap after he ate the food.
“(It) repositioned three or four times and stretched out,” Cross laughed. “It just laid there.”
In the end, Cross let the animal go on his merry way. Neighbor Art Fischer hoped no one would shoot the sleepy bear.
“They were here before we were,” he said.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022