What does Game of Thrones have in common with The Sword in the Stone? (Besides swords, that is.)
The answer is Brian Cogman, a writer-producer for the HBO hit who is set to write a live-action remake of Disney’s 1963 animated movie, according to The Hollywood Reporter. In addition to his work on Thrones, Cogman is currently working his Medieval magic on an adaptation of the card game Magic: The Gathering.
The Sword in the Stone, based on the 1938 T.H. White novel of the same name, tells the story of a young King Arthur. The adaptation will be produced by Brigham Taylor, who’s also producing Disney’s live-action The Jungle Book adaptation.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time