What does Game of Thrones have in common with The Sword in the Stone? (Besides swords, that is.)
The answer is Brian Cogman, a writer-producer for the HBO hit who is set to write a live-action remake of Disney’s 1963 animated movie, according to The Hollywood Reporter. In addition to his work on Thrones, Cogman is currently working his Medieval magic on an adaptation of the card game Magic: The Gathering.
The Sword in the Stone, based on the 1938 T.H. White novel of the same name, tells the story of a young King Arthur. The adaptation will be produced by Brigham Taylor, who’s also producing Disney’s live-action The Jungle Book adaptation.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears