MIMI is a Time Inc. property.
Cut Video’s 100 Years of Beauty is back, this time with world beauty and fashion icon, Italy. In Italia, it’s been all about the drama since the beginning: intricate up-dos and bold red lips in the 1910’s, and a heavy brow and pout in the ’20s. Even the ’40s, which saw a shift toward clean faces and simple braided hairstyles because of World War II, was effortlessly chic. One of my favorites is hands down the Missoni-inspired deep green eye shadow and orange lip of the ’70s that brought color back to post-war Europe (don’t forget that wildcat hair). The look I want to recreate right now? That ’80s gold glam à la Versace. The looks are classic from there, with the early 2000’s and 2010’s harking back to vintage, whimsical hair of divas from the past like Sophia Loren and Monica Vitti.
More from MIMI:
- Why Caityln Jenner Is the Most Beautiful Hero Ever
- Everything You Need to Know About ‘I am Jazz’
- Misty Copeland, Gisele, and More Reveal Trials of Womanhood in Under Armour’s Sports Bra Campaign
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving