Harry Potter author and social media dynamo J.K. Rowling crafted the perfect response to a tweet that took a cheap shot at tennis champ Serena Williams on Saturday.
The offending Twitter user drew an angry backlash for suggesting that Williams was more famous for her body than, say, her victory at Wimbledon on Saturday or her five previous wins at the tournament or the fact that she once again holds all Grand Slam titles once. Rowling joined a chorus of angry responses, only she didn’t indulge in anger herself.
Game point, Rowling.
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future
- 6 Groups Making Mental Health Care More Accessible to People of Color