Harry Potter author and social media dynamo J.K. Rowling crafted the perfect response to a tweet that took a cheap shot at tennis champ Serena Williams on Saturday.
The offending Twitter user drew an angry backlash for suggesting that Williams was more famous for her body than, say, her victory at Wimbledon on Saturday or her five previous wins at the tournament or the fact that she once again holds all Grand Slam titles once. Rowling joined a chorus of angry responses, only she didn’t indulge in anger herself.
Game point, Rowling.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time