Harry Potter author and social media dynamo J.K. Rowling crafted the perfect response to a tweet that took a cheap shot at tennis champ Serena Williams on Saturday.
The offending Twitter user drew an angry backlash for suggesting that Williams was more famous for her body than, say, her victory at Wimbledon on Saturday or her five previous wins at the tournament or the fact that she once again holds all Grand Slam titles once. Rowling joined a chorus of angry responses, only she didn’t indulge in anger herself.
Game point, Rowling.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow