Trainwreck star Amy Schumer has officially reached the level of fame at which even A-list movie stars know her name — yet she’s still grounded enough to get totally psyched when they say it on television.
In an interview with MTV News, Jennifer Lawrence pitched the idea of starting a Kickstarter campaign to get Schumer to agree to becoming the next Bachelorette, a gig which Schumer previously told EW that she’d accept for the hefty sum of $1 million — “And I would donate it to a charity that would keep that guy Tony from this season away from me. It’s my own charity: He has to stay a football field away from me at all times.”
Late Thursday, Schumer tweeted a video of herself watching the interview, and her reaction to seeing her name come out of Lawrence’s mouth is pretty delightful. Check it out:
Schumer’s memorable spot on The Bachelorette in May immediately led fans to demand that she become the next Bachelorette — even the show’s producers were on board. More seriously, Schumer told EW that she would take the job “if I could be myself, and I would need some hand in the editing.”
And now the comedian knows that the star of Hunger Games is on board, so … ball’s in your court, Schumer.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com