From cutting calories to getting cut.
SyFy confirmed Thursday that Jared Fogle will no longer be appearing in the network’s third Sharknado movie, Sharknado: Oh Hell No. The network stated that Fogle’s cameo has been cut as a result of the ongoing child pornography investigation in which Fogle is currently involved.
The former Subway pitchman’s Indiana home was raided Tuesday by the FBI in connection with an investigation following the arrest of Russell Taylor, the former executive director of Fogle’s anti-obesity Jared Foundation, for possession of child porn.
According to investigators, Taylor’s computer was somehow connected to the Fogle’s foundation, hence the subsequent search of Fogle’s home.
Though no arrests have yet to be made, Subway has since suspended its relationship with its famous spokesman. Fogle previously credited the sandwich chain for helping him lose nearly 250lbs and was subsequently hired by the company.
The Sharknado 3 cameo would have been Fogle’s second appearance in the over-the-top horror trilogy, having previously appeared in the second film, Sharknado 2: The Second One.
Sharknado 3, sans Fogle, will air on Syfy on July 22.
More from The Hollywood Reporter:
- Subway Suspends Relationship With Jared Fogle Amid Child-Porn Investigation
- Movies Blog: Heat Vision
- TV Blog: Live Feed
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?