Hannibal Buress’s new show, Why? with Hannibal Buress, premiered on Comedy Central Wednesday night. In one sketch, Buress revealed that he’s been dealing with a nasty Twitter troll who says he’s “like a less funny Tavis Smiley.”
Buress says he got so fed up that he tracked down this person’s IP address and showed up at their house — only to find out that the troll in question was his friend and fellow Comedy Central star, Amy Schumer.
“No one’s friends in comedy, Hannibal! Wake up! We’re too self-involved. We can’t have friends,” she explains.
“This is about you trying to move in on my territory,” Schumer adds, since her own show, Inside Amy Schumer, just ended its third season Tuesday. “Nobody watches two television shows.”
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State