A baby died Wednesday night after being left in a hot car while the rest of the family unloaded groceries.
According to CBS, the 11-month-old’s parents and four siblings were taking groceries out of their SUV in Florida and forgot to get the baby out of the car. They realized their mistake about an hour later, but the infant was already unresponsive. The child was pronounced dead Wednesday evening at the hospital.
“The family is very, very upset. The entire family. The children, the parents. But they are cooperating with us and at this point it looks like it’s going to be a very, very tragic accident,” Lauderhill police spokesman Gregory Solowsky told CBS Miami.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time