A baby died Wednesday night after being left in a hot car while the rest of the family unloaded groceries.
According to CBS, the 11-month-old’s parents and four siblings were taking groceries out of their SUV in Florida and forgot to get the baby out of the car. They realized their mistake about an hour later, but the infant was already unresponsive. The child was pronounced dead Wednesday evening at the hospital.
“The family is very, very upset. The entire family. The children, the parents. But they are cooperating with us and at this point it looks like it’s going to be a very, very tragic accident,” Lauderhill police spokesman Gregory Solowsky told CBS Miami.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022