The New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) suspended all trades Wednesday because of a technical problem that remains unsolved as of early Wednesday afternoon. But what did that suspension actually look like?
Some traders saw the market eerily stop in a chart similar to the one above, which was created by Eric Scott Hunsader of Nanex, a real-time market transaction data firm. Hunsader said the trades — each one represented by a blue dot — dropped at 11:32:57 a.m. ET before sputtering for a few minutes and then halting altogether.
All NYSE trading remained halted as of early Wednesday afternoon. The NYSE said the issue arose from an “internal technical issue” and “is not the result of a cyber breach.”
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization