A new Star Wars film about Han Solo is underway with The LEGO Movie directors Christopher Miller and Phil Lord on board, the film franchise announced Tuesday.
The Anthology series movie will tell the story of how the young Han Solo became the smuggler and thief who Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi first encountered in the cantina at Mos Eisley, according to a statement by Lucasfilms. The screenplay was written by father-son duo Lawrence and Jon Kasdan.
“This is the first film we’ve worked on that seems like a good idea to begin with. We promise to take risks, to give the audience a fresh experience, and we pledge ourselves to be faithful stewards of these characters who mean so much to us,” Milller and Lord said in a joint statement.
“This is a dream come true for us,” they added. “And not the kind of dream where you’re late for work and all your clothes are made of pudding, but the kind of dream where you get to make a film with some of the greatest characters ever, in a film franchise you’ve loved since before you can remember having dreams at all.”
The film’s release is slated for May 25, 2018.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer