With the fairytale business continuing to boom in Hollywood, Disney has revealed plans to continue the run with a new live-action feature focusing on none other than Prince Charming.
EW has confirmed that Disney has picked up a script by Matt Fogel described as a revisionist take centering on a handsome prince (it’s unclear whether the character in question is an updated rendition of the animated royal from classics such as Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs or Cinderella). David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman are set to produce along with Tripp Vinson.
The project was first reported by The Hollywood Reporter.
Disney, of course, enjoyed success earlier this year with director Kenneth Branagh’s update of Cinderella, which featured Game of Thrones’ actor Richard Madden in the Charming role opposite Lily James fair lady. The studio is currently in production on a live-action rendition of Beauty and the Beast, directed by Bill Condon and starring Emma Watson as Belle and Dan Stevens as her beastly counterpart.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears