Where does the Pope poop?
In a bathroom that includes an Asian-style rug and a painting of Jesus — when he’s in Ecuador at least.
Officials in the South American country built a spacious bathroom special for Pope Francis in the port city of Guayaquil, a stop on the Pope’s South American tour which began on Sunday. The bathroom also includes a large toilet, a shower and a large mirror.
The pope celebrated Mass at a park in Guayaquil Monday with more than 1 million people in attendance. The Argentinean pontiff is the first South American pope and is also due to visit Bolivia and Paraguay during his tour.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving