The United States’ Women’s World Cup win on Sunday broke a ratings record, garnering more viewers than any other soccer match in television history, according to broadcaster Fox Sports.
“It is the highest metered market rating ever for a soccer game in the U.S. on a single network,” Fox Sports wrote in an official announcement of the ratings triumph.
Data from Nielsen shows that game scored a 15.2 household rating for Fox, more than double the 6.1 rating for the U.S. semifinal win against Germany on June 30.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears