The United States’ Women’s World Cup win on Sunday broke a ratings record, garnering more viewers than any other soccer match in television history, according to broadcaster Fox Sports.
“It is the highest metered market rating ever for a soccer game in the U.S. on a single network,” Fox Sports wrote in an official announcement of the ratings triumph.
Data from Nielsen shows that game scored a 15.2 household rating for Fox, more than double the 6.1 rating for the U.S. semifinal win against Germany on June 30.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022