The United States’ Women’s World Cup win on Sunday broke a ratings record, garnering more viewers than any other soccer match in television history, according to broadcaster Fox Sports.
“It is the highest metered market rating ever for a soccer game in the U.S. on a single network,” Fox Sports wrote in an official announcement of the ratings triumph.
Data from Nielsen shows that game scored a 15.2 household rating for Fox, more than double the 6.1 rating for the U.S. semifinal win against Germany on June 30.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer