“Hey baby, do you want to have a candlelight dinner and horseback ride across the beach?”
That’s something people say a lot in San Antonio, apparently.
The Texas city topped a list of lover boys and Foxy Browns as the most romantic city in the United States, according to a recent Amazon survey that rates the country’s most romantic city based on the sexiness of the products people bought last year.
Amazon looked at cities with more than 100,000 residents and compiled data on the romantic products they bought, including romance novels and relationship books, romantic comedy movies, romantic music, as well as sales of sexual wellness products.
Cities that bought more music by the not-so-chaste-bass, Barry White, or the emotion-potion Luther Vandross were pushed up in the rankings, while any purchases of Korn or Slayer probably didn’t help New York City, which is one of the least romantic cities in the country, along with its cold-hearted compatriots, San Buenaventura, Calif. and El Monte, Calif.
The study was done on a per-capita basis, allowing smaller-sized lover abodes like Spokane, Wash. to climb up the list, said Stacy Keller, a spokeswoman for Amazon.
“We measured sales by units of romantic comedies, albums and romance books and pulled it together to create a complete list of the biggest purchasers by unit. We applied that data per capita for each city to determine which cities were the biggest purchasers of romantic titles,” said Keller.
Granted, some of the most romantic cities in the country might also be buying the fewest products on Amazon, which would skew the results of the study. But that doesn’t mean Knoxville, Tenn., which has been on Amazon’s list in the top three most romantic cities for three years, isn’t the envy of its less frisky friends.
Here’s the list of the Top 20 Most Romantic Cities in the United States:
- San Antonio
- Knoxville, Tenn.
- Alexandria, Va.
- Orlando, Fla.
- Vancouver, Wash.
- Spokane, Wash.
- Dayton, Ohio
- Columbia, S.C.
- San Jose, Calif.
- Murfreesboro, Tenn.
- Round Rock, Texas
- Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Las Vegas
- Everett, Wash.
- Erie, Pa.
- Clearwater, Fla.
Video: TIME Picks The Best Movie Kisses Of All Time
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World