“The art of leadership is saying no, not yes. It’s very easy to say yes.” — Tony Blair
One of the clearest signs of poor leadership is the inability to focus — it’s easy to say yes and it’s very hard to say no.
Seymour Schulich elaborates on this in Get Smarter: Life and Business Lessons:
It’s not so much what you do but rather what you don’t do that matters.
Follow your curiosity to eight ways to say no with grace and style.
This piece originally appeared on Farnam Street.
Join over 60,000 readers and get a free weekly update via email here.
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working