The other day, international literary icon Stephen King shared a photo with his 4.3 million Facebook fans. It was a photo that would change absolutely everything. Absolutely everything. Behold:
Yes, that is Stephen King, reigning master of horror, holding his adorable pet corgi. Her real name is Molly, but he likes to refer to her as the “Thing of Evil.”
Here is the story of Molly. King first introduced her in December, when he showed her as a tiny pup chewing on a Santa hat. So festive!
A few months later, in February, King shared a picture of a then four-month-old Molly showing that she seriously knows how to chill.
No seriously, she is so good at chilling.
In April, we learned that Molly spends her days dreaming up wicked schemes.
Then, in May, the author revealed Molly’s true nature as both a Thing of Evil and also a ferocious hunter.
We also got a glimpse of Molly’s fitness regimen.
In June, we found out that Molly is also a really skilled destroyer of inanimate objects.
Oh, and for the record, King did not decide to get a corgi simply because they are the stubby-legged, fluffy-butted darlings of the Internet. He revealed in a Throwback Thursday photo that he had a corgi named Marlowe back in 1995:
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This