Blogging site Medium has launched a password-free login system that uses only e-mail.
The e-mail login option provides an alternative to Medium’s previous login routes, which included only Facebook and Twitter, according to the site’s announcement. The change arrived after many users said they either did not have social media accounts or preferred not to use them. Other users lived in regions where Facebook and Twitter are blocked.
According to Medium, the feature works similarly to the familiar “forgot password” function. Users simply enter their e-mail addresses on the site, which sends them an e-mail with a link to login within 15 minutes.
Still, the e-mail login feature can’t detect whether a user’s e-mail has been compromised, so if someone has access to the e-mail account, they’ll be able to login.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time