Blogging site Medium has launched a password-free login system that uses only e-mail.
The e-mail login option provides an alternative to Medium’s previous login routes, which included only Facebook and Twitter, according to the site’s announcement. The change arrived after many users said they either did not have social media accounts or preferred not to use them. Other users lived in regions where Facebook and Twitter are blocked.
According to Medium, the feature works similarly to the familiar “forgot password” function. Users simply enter their e-mail addresses on the site, which sends them an e-mail with a link to login within 15 minutes.
Still, the e-mail login feature can’t detect whether a user’s e-mail has been compromised, so if someone has access to the e-mail account, they’ll be able to login.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022