The Vatican has released the full schedule for Pope Francis’ September Apostolic Journey to the U.S., which includes meeting with President Obama at the White House, an address at the U.N. General Assembly in New York and a “multi-religious service” at the 9/11 Memorial and Museum.
The trip marks the Pope’s first visit to the U.S. since becoming pontiff and will also include a stop in Philadelphia for the “World Meeting of Families,” a church-sponsored gathering that takes place once every three years. The six-day trip will take place between Sept. 22 and Sept 27, and was first announced in November 2014.
See the full schedule of the Pope’s trip here.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving