The Vatican has released the full schedule for Pope Francis’ September Apostolic Journey to the U.S., which includes meeting with President Obama at the White House, an address at the U.N. General Assembly in New York and a “multi-religious service” at the 9/11 Memorial and Museum.
The trip marks the Pope’s first visit to the U.S. since becoming pontiff and will also include a stop in Philadelphia for the “World Meeting of Families,” a church-sponsored gathering that takes place once every three years. The six-day trip will take place between Sept. 22 and Sept 27, and was first announced in November 2014.
See the full schedule of the Pope’s trip here.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy