In an attempt to show her support of the Chicago Pride Parade on Sunday, Lady Gaga instead championed the world of mariachi performers.
Gaga shared a photo on Instagram Sunday from the balcony of her Chicago apartment overlooking what appears to be a huge gathering of people down below.
“Watching over Chicago Pride from my apartment and smiling so big,” the “Born This Way” singer, 29, wrote. “So many happy people. Happy pride!”
In the image, Gaga goes shirtless, instead bearing the words “Gay Pride” across her chest and stomach.
The issue? The singer wasn’t anywhere near the city’s pride parade. The gathering was in fact the Chicago Mariachi and Folklórico Festival.
The event, honoring the Mexican folk music, was held at the recognizable Jay Pritzker Pavilion at Millennium Park.
The parade, however, took over the city’s Uptown and Lakeview neighborhoods.
The Mariachi Heritage Foundation first caught the snafu and shared it through their Facebook page, writing, “‘So many people’ she says!”
They later had a little fun with an image of Gaga above the festival, photoshopping a sombrero on her head and ‘Mariachi’ onto her chest.
Regardless of setting, the star was still proud to support gay rights.
“This is just about the coolest things I ever saw. It feels good to know how many of my friends and loved ones are out celebrating and feeling valued,” she wrote on another pic.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer