There hasn’t been an update about singer Joni Mitchell’s condition in a while, but friend David Crosby gave one Friday. Speaking to HuffPost Live, the 73-year-old answered a Twitter question concerning the health of his friend, who was hospitalized on March 30 after being found unconscious in her home.
“To my knowledge she is not speaking yet. She is home, she is in care, she is recovering,” he said. “She took a terrible hit. She had an aneurysm, and nobody found her for a while. And she’s going to have to struggle back from it the way you struggle back from a traumatic brain injury.”
Crosby and Mitchell’s friendship dates back to the 60s Los Angeles scene. The two dated for a period, which he mentioned Friday. As he continued talking, Crosby came off cautiously optimistic concerning her outlook.
“She’s a tough girl and very smart,” he said. “So, how much she’s going to come back and when, I don’t know, and I’m not going to guess.”
Her team has posted updates about the 71-year-old’s recovery to her website with the most recent being on April 28, stating, “A full recovery is expected.”
Watch Crosby’s full interview about Mitchell below.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating