The selfie stick, one of the great menaces of modern technology, briefly felled another American institution on Wednesday when the California Screamin’ roller coaster at Disney California Adventure was ground to a stop after a passenger used the elongated rod mid-ride. Passengers were reportedly stuck on the ride for less than an hour, according to a park spokesperson.
Though not banned from Disney California entirely, the use of selfie sticks on rides and other attractions is strictly forbidden for safety reasons.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction