The selfie stick, one of the great menaces of modern technology, briefly felled another American institution on Wednesday when the California Screamin’ roller coaster at Disney California Adventure was ground to a stop after a passenger used the elongated rod mid-ride. Passengers were reportedly stuck on the ride for less than an hour, according to a park spokesperson.
Though not banned from Disney California entirely, the use of selfie sticks on rides and other attractions is strictly forbidden for safety reasons.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow