Ok, so it’s not a time-traveling Delorean, but this is still pretty cool: Lexus has built an honest-to-God hoverboard.
Now, you can’t buy the floating skateboard just yet, but it is a working prototype, powered by superconductors and magnets, according to Bloomberg. Marty McFly, the hero of “Back to the Future,” famously rode a hoverboard in the second installment of the trilogy, released in 1989.
Right now the hoverboard has only been tested in Japan, but Toyota, Lexus’ parent company, plans to bring tests to Barcelona soon. Here is a video of the hoverboard in action:
Toyota has also considered how to bring this technology to cars, Bloomberg notes.
- Amanda Gorman on the Greatest Lesson She’s Learned This Year
- What Actually Worries U.S. Doctors About Omicron
- Reuniting Families Separated Under Trump Is Expensive. Should the U.S. Government Pay?
- The 10 Best Movies of 2021
- America's Foster Care System Is a Dangerous Place for Trans Teens. Now They're Fighting for Change
- Stressed About Going Back to the Office? Here Are 8 Ways to Make It Easier
- What to Know About Digital World, the Company Funding Trump's New Social Media Platform 'TRUTH Social'