Summertime is undoubtedly the season of mayonnaise. Across the nation, mayo plays a subdued yet solid role in so many summer staples: potato salad, sandwiches, pasta salads, lobster rolls.
If you find yourself tired of continually dipping into your mayonnaise jar for the standard, brand-name taste, you may want to consider whipping up a batch of your own for your July 4 picnic. Fresh mayonnaise will take your salads and sandwiches to the next level with a homemade finishing touch.
You can add your own twist to the classic; the recipe in this how-to video kicks up the flavor with some hot sauce. Plus, you’ll leave behind any extra preservatives or “flavors” in the store-bought types. Watch the video above for the steps, from Southern Living.
- Why House Democrats Refused to Save McCarthy
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Self-Silencing Is Making Women Sick: Essay
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time