A total of 66 surfers have broken the world record for the most people riding on a surfboard at once.
Surf champions and enthusiastic amateurs were among those balancing on the custom-made 42-foot board at Huntington Beach, Calif., on Saturday, reports the BBC.
A crowd of 5,000 spectators watched the group as they rode the board for 12 seconds.
The record was previously set in Queensland, Australia, about a decade ago, when 47 surfers managed a ride of 10 seconds.
Guinness World Record adjudicator Michael Empric flew in from New York to judge the event and said a separate world record for the largest surfboard would take a few days to determine.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022