The family of South Carolina shooter Dylann Roof expressed shock and grief in their first public announcement since Roof allegedly drew a gun on a bible study group, killing 9 people.
The statement supplied to the press on Friday reads:
The 21-year-old, who faces nine charges of murder, appeared in court on Friday for a bond hearing in which his bail was set at $1 million. His next court appearances are scheduled for October 23 and February 5.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World