The Los Angeles Clippers, the city’s perennial “other” NBA team, have seen a remarkable resurgence under new owner Steve Ballmer and are trying to emerge from the shadow of the Lakers (and the headlines of the recent past, which they made for all the wrong reasons).
That resurgence includes a brand new logo, which Ballmer unveiled on Conan Wednesday night. He also took fans behind the scenes (well, kinda) in a video on comedy website Funny or Die, which shows the team trashing all Ballmer’s ideas before their star player Blake Griffin steps up to the plate as he does so often on the court.
Many fans didn’t love the logo as much as Conan O’ Brien or the Clippers players did, however, and took to Twitter to express their displeasure.
Some people didn’t completely hate the revamp.
Others thought it looked a bit…childish.
One even pointed out that giving ownership of the team to Ballmer, the former Microsoft CEO who took over last year, made this fiasco inevitable.
But Ballmer doesn’t care much for the haters, telling the Los Angeles Times that change is always difficult at first.
“If you love the Clippers, you’ll love the new Clipper logo,” he insisted.
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk