Vice President Joe Biden and Dr. Jill Biden said Thursday that their “hearts ache with sorrow” in the wake of Wednesday’s church shooting in Charleston, South Carolina, that left nine people dead. Their statement was released after President Obama’s remarks from the White House and after authorities confirmed the suspected shooter, Dylann Roof, 21, was apprehended in North Carolina.
Here’s the full statement from the Bidens:
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow