The adorable bespectacled kid from Jerry Maguire is all grown up now, but that didn’t stop him from recording a special Father’s Day message for his on-screen father figure, Tom Cruise.
Screen Junkies — the same team who bring us honest trailers — recruited the now 24-year-old actor, Jonathan Lipnicki, to participate in its tongue-in-cheek “Dads of Our Lives” series. His message is, uh, not as heartwarming as you might expect.
“I’m here to thank you, Jerry Maguire, for everything you did for me – from drunkenly brooding on my mom’s couch having a nervous breakdown to dropping completely unnecessary f-bombs when I wanted to go to the zoo,” Lipnicki jokes. “Sure, you weren’t my real dad, but you loved me anyway.”
The actor also takes this opportunity to rant about being pigeonholed as the cute kid from Jerry Maguire, nevermind that he’s a “talented, classically trained adult actor capable of playing a wide variety of roles.” Then he starts yelling and dropping f-bombs and things get weird. Happy Father’s Day.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time