“Ladies and gentleman, I’m pleased to announce that I have an announcement to make: Donald Trump has announced he is running for President of the United States.” That’s how Stephen Colbert began his evisceration of Trump’s campaign (and general persona) on Tuesday in a video released to the YouTube page of Colbert’s The Late Show. The erstwhile Colbert Report host doesn’t start his stint on the CBS show until Sept. 8, but the lure of Trump’s much-derided entry into the 2016 presidential race was apparently too great for him to ignore.
“The real unemployment is … who knows? Pick a hat. Pick a hat out of a hat. Find a hat. There’s another hat inside of it. That’s how badly our hat business is doing in the United States,” Colbert jokes in the clip, before later adding that “Mexico has the hats.”
Read Next: The Secret to Donald Trump’s Hair
See 13 Stephen Colbert Cameos You Might Have Missed
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com