“Ladies and gentleman, I’m pleased to announce that I have an announcement to make: Donald Trump has announced he is running for President of the United States.” That’s how Stephen Colbert began his evisceration of Trump’s campaign (and general persona) on Tuesday in a video released to the YouTube page of Colbert’s The Late Show. The erstwhile Colbert Report host doesn’t start his stint on the CBS show until Sept. 8, but the lure of Trump’s much-derided entry into the 2016 presidential race was apparently too great for him to ignore.
“The real unemployment is … who knows? Pick a hat. Pick a hat out of a hat. Find a hat. There’s another hat inside of it. That’s how badly our hat business is doing in the United States,” Colbert jokes in the clip, before later adding that “Mexico has the hats.”
This article originally appeared on EW.com.
Read Next: The Secret to Donald Trump’s Hair
Listen to the most important stories of the day.
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement