Destiny, the popular massively multiplayer online shooter for consoles, is getting another expansion. The expansion, called The Taken King, was unveiled during Sony’s E3 press conference on June 15. Developer Bungie said the title would be released Sept. 15.
Sony said the game had the most successful launch of the current generation of consoles. Nevertheless, Bungie’s sci-fi romp generated mixed reviews. At the time of its release, TIME games critic Matt Peckham wrote:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism