Amy Schumer may have just bought herself a very devoted fan. The star of Comedy Central’s Inside Amy Schumer recently left a waiter a $500 tip on a $49 bill.
Schumer was dining at Peter’s Clam Bar in Long Island, New York, when she struck up a conversation with her server, a college student who is working two jobs to pay for his education, the New York Post reports. When the check came, she decided to leave him a 1,000% tip to help out.
The star and writer of the forthcoming Trainwreck may have related to her server on a personal level—she waited tables at Michael Jordan’s Steakhouse in New York City before her big break.
Schumer downplayed the tip in a tweet on Tuesday.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement