They’re back (again), pitches. Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson have signed up to star in a third Pitch Perfect movie, carrying on the highly profitable franchise.
Pitch Perfect 2 opened in theaters last month and has already raked in nearly $260 million in the global box office. Elizabeth Banks will once again produce the film, according to the Hollywood Reporter, though it’s unclear whether she’ll direct Pitch Perfect 3—the second installment of the a cappella hit was her feature directorial debut.
The third movie already has a release date of July 21, 2017, as confirmed on the Pitch Perfect Facebook page.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was