Bethesda’s upcoming post-apocalyptic RPG Fallout 4 was the breakout title of the early hours of E3 2015. The studio showed off new footage during its press conference on June 14. The game, which will be available for PC, Xbox One, and Playstation 4, is due to be released on November 10, 2015.
The Verge reports one additional piece of major news about the upcoming game: Mods created for the PC edition will be compatible with the Xbox One version. Few details were given, but if that is the case it would represent a huge advancement for console gamers, many of whom have long been clamoring for mod support.
Typically, PC versions of titles like Bethesda’s Skyrim have had a robust after-market community of programmers making content that can upgrade or alter gameplay. But because of the relatively closed environment of consoles, this hasn’t carried over to those users.
The site also reports the feature was not mentioned as an exclusive to the Xbox platform. That means Playstation 4 users may also get the feature.
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk