Actor Benedict Cumberbatch and wife Sophie Hunter welcomed their first child.
“Benedict Cumberbatch and Sophie Hunter are delighted to announce the arrival of their beautiful son,” a representative for the actor, 38, said in a statement to People. “We would kindly ask everyone to respect the family’s privacy during these next few precious weeks.”
The couple revealed they were expecting in January, two months after announcing their engagement. They married on Valentine’s Day in Mottistone on England’s Isle of Wight.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement