Actor Benedict Cumberbatch and wife Sophie Hunter welcomed their first child.
“Benedict Cumberbatch and Sophie Hunter are delighted to announce the arrival of their beautiful son,” a representative for the actor, 38, said in a statement to People. “We would kindly ask everyone to respect the family’s privacy during these next few precious weeks.”
The couple revealed they were expecting in January, two months after announcing their engagement. They married on Valentine’s Day in Mottistone on England’s Isle of Wight.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Nolan Feeney at email@example.com