Actor Benedict Cumberbatch and wife Sophie Hunter welcomed their first child.
“Benedict Cumberbatch and Sophie Hunter are delighted to announce the arrival of their beautiful son,” a representative for the actor, 38, said in a statement to People. “We would kindly ask everyone to respect the family’s privacy during these next few precious weeks.”
The couple revealed they were expecting in January, two months after announcing their engagement. They married on Valentine’s Day in Mottistone on England’s Isle of Wight.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate