On The Daily Show Monday night, host Jon Stewart started off his interview with the First Minister of Scotland Nicola Sturgeon by explaining that her political party, the Scottish National Party, had won an “unprecedented” 56 of 59 seats in the general election.
The politician, whom the show erroneously billed as a “comedian” prior to the appearance, quipped that she had ordered an inquiry into why she didn’t win the other three — to which Stewart shot back, “What, you think you’re Saddam Hussein? You get 99%?”
In response to his joke, Sturgeon amiably said, “I always think you should aim for more.”
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time