The next iOS upgrade will bring a slew of predictive shortcuts to the iPhone, Apple revealed at its annual developers conference on Monday.
Among the best features included in the upcoming iOS 9 is a tool that offers you an educated guess at who’s calling from unknown numbers based on previous contact over email. Gone, hopefully, are the days of letting those calls go to voicemail just to screen out robocalls.
Among the iPhone’s other new context-based features: The new iOS will automatically pull up a “Now Playing” screen as soon as the user plugs in a pair of headphones, as well calculate the best time to leave for calendar appointments and send a helpful notification in advance, relieving users from constantly checking the time.
While a beta version of iOS 9 will be out shortly, the public version won’t launch until the fall — perhaps coinciding with the unveiling of a new iPhone model.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space