On this day, June the 8th, year of our lord two-thousand and fifteen, the Queen of all things pop, culture, and flawlessness, Beyonce, delivered an important message to her many (and we do mean, many) loyal subjects.
She trying veganism (again). Or at least, she’s adopted a plant-based diet in her latest effort to control her weight.
The singer and avowed Popeyes enthusiast announced with great fanfare that she’s struggled for years with her diet, but after taking up a challenge to adopt veganism, she’s feeling better about herself than ever before.
“I am not naturally the thinnest woman,” the singer said in a segment on Good Morning America. “And I have struggled since a young age with diets. And finding something that actually works for me and actually keep – keeps the weight off has been difficult for me.”
Followers of the singer may recall that Queen Bey adopted a similar lifestyle change in 2013 after husband Jay Z’s 44th birthday. The two took a 22-day challenge to eat more plant-based meals, posting blog posts and Instagrams to keep followers posted on their diet changes. On Monday, she suggested that more people adopt the practice.
Fans, however, were not impressed.
In fact, they were seriously ticked off, taking to social media to express their disdain. The anger largely stemmed from the elusive teaser video Sunday night. Could it be a concert, fans wondered. Is she pregnant again? Going on tour? Nope, she’s just eating more lettuce.
Needless to say, the Beyhive — the adopted name of Beyonce’s loyal fanbase — let their displeasure be known:
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time