Amazon has its sights set on becoming the next big computer game maker, and it’s assembling a dream team to make it happen.
The e-commerce site run by Jeff Bezos has hired top talent in the video game industry, with more top developers expected to join to work on PC games, Business Insider reports. The information comes from an Amazon job ad placed on Gamasutra, a site for video game developers.
“Amazon is committed to gamers, and building great teams who are excited to use Twitch, the AWS cloud, and technical innovation to radically evolve gameplay,” the ad reads. “We believe that games have just scratched the surface in their power to unite players and will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art.”
The ad also trumpets that Amazon’s team is already full of game developers with experience working on top-notch titles like Portal, World of Warcraft, BioShock, Half Life 2 ,Left for Dead, Dota 2, Halo, Infamous, Shadows of Mordor and The Last of Us. Amazon has already made a few mobile games, but it hasn’t done anything for full-blown desktops or consoles.
Read next: See How Amazon Just Changed Its Iconic Shipping Boxes
Listen to the most important stories of the day.
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction