Amazon has its sights set on becoming the next big computer game maker, and it’s assembling a dream team to make it happen.
The e-commerce site run by Jeff Bezos has hired top talent in the video game industry, with more top developers expected to join to work on PC games, Business Insider reports. The information comes from an Amazon job ad placed on Gamasutra, a site for video game developers.
“Amazon is committed to gamers, and building great teams who are excited to use Twitch, the AWS cloud, and technical innovation to radically evolve gameplay,” the ad reads. “We believe that games have just scratched the surface in their power to unite players and will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art.”
The ad also trumpets that Amazon’s team is already full of game developers with experience working on top-notch titles like Portal, World of Warcraft, BioShock, Half Life 2 ,Left for Dead, Dota 2, Halo, Infamous, Shadows of Mordor and The Last of Us. Amazon has already made a few mobile games, but it hasn’t done anything for full-blown desktops or consoles.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State