In the trailer for Ridley Scott’s The Martian, Matt Damon is abandoned alone on a planet, again. Damon, who showed up (spoiler alert) in Interstellar as another solitary astronaut, plays Mark Watney, who is abandoned on Mar.
The film is based on Andy Weir’s novel of the same name, and features, outside of Damon, an incredible ensemble cast, including Jessica Chastain, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Kate Mara, Donald Glover and Kristen Wiig. Watney is part of a mission to Mars that must be aborted when a storm hits, and is presumed dead, at first.
Watney’s sense of humor—(“In your face, Neil Armstrong”)—and penchant for profanity is on display in both the trailer and another video released, which shows Watney interacting with the rest of the crew before their mission. The film is set to hit theaters in November.
Read next: NASA Prepares ‘Flying Saucer’ for Take Off
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.