In the trailer for Ridley Scott’s The Martian, Matt Damon is abandoned alone on a planet, again. Damon, who showed up (spoiler alert) in Interstellar as another solitary astronaut, plays Mark Watney, who is abandoned on Mar.
The film is based on Andy Weir’s novel of the same name, and features, outside of Damon, an incredible ensemble cast, including Jessica Chastain, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Kate Mara, Donald Glover and Kristen Wiig. Watney is part of a mission to Mars that must be aborted when a storm hits, and is presumed dead, at first.
Watney’s sense of humor—(“In your face, Neil Armstrong”)—and penchant for profanity is on display in both the trailer and another video released, which shows Watney interacting with the rest of the crew before their mission. The film is set to hit theaters in November.
Read next: NASA Prepares ‘Flying Saucer’ for Take Off
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023