Everyone is mad at Stannis Baratheon after Sunday’s episode of Game of Thrones, and it’s no wonder why.
Stannis put his aspirations for the Iron Throne above everything else he holds dear when he submitted to the Lady Melisandre’s advice and sacrificed his beloved daughter and only heir the Princess Shireen.
The brutal act of filicide against his sweet and innocent daughter, amid the pleading screams of his wife Selyse, hit a nerve with many avid GoT fans, and, as usual, they vented their anger on Twitter.
Some expressed pure outrage:
Others added a touch of dark humor to the macabre scene:
While some were annoyed at the ever increasing discrepancies between the book and the TV series:
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now