Coldplay lead singer Chris Martin played the group’s 2005 song “Til Kingdom Come” at Beau Biden’s funeral on Saturday afternoon in Wilmington, Delaware. According to Delaware Online, Martin volunteered to perform at the service after hearing that Biden was a fan.
Biden was former attorney general for the state of Delaware, an Iraq war veteran and son of Vice President Joe Biden. Beau died on May 30 at the age of 46 from brain cancer.
“We do not know how long we’ve got here. We don’t know when fate will intervene. We cannot discern God’s plan. What we do know is that with every minute that we’ve got, we can live our lives in a way that takes nothing for granted,” President Barack Obama said during his eulogy for Beau. “We can love deeply. We can help people who need help. We can teach our children what matters. We can pass on empathy and compassion and selflessness. We can teach them to have broad shoulders.”
Watch it below:
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate