Coldplay lead singer Chris Martin played the group’s 2005 song “Til Kingdom Come” at Beau Biden’s funeral on Saturday afternoon in Wilmington, Delaware. According to Delaware Online, Martin volunteered to perform at the service after hearing that Biden was a fan.
Biden was former attorney general for the state of Delaware, an Iraq war veteran and son of Vice President Joe Biden. Beau died on May 30 at the age of 46 from brain cancer.
“We do not know how long we’ve got here. We don’t know when fate will intervene. We cannot discern God’s plan. What we do know is that with every minute that we’ve got, we can live our lives in a way that takes nothing for granted,” President Barack Obama said during his eulogy for Beau. “We can love deeply. We can help people who need help. We can teach our children what matters. We can pass on empathy and compassion and selflessness. We can teach them to have broad shoulders.”
Watch it below:
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working