Coldplay lead singer Chris Martin played the group’s 2005 song “Til Kingdom Come” at Beau Biden’s funeral on Saturday afternoon in Wilmington, Delaware. According to Delaware Online, Martin volunteered to perform at the service after hearing that Biden was a fan.
Biden was former attorney general for the state of Delaware, an Iraq war veteran and son of Vice President Joe Biden. Beau died on May 30 at the age of 46 from brain cancer.
“We do not know how long we’ve got here. We don’t know when fate will intervene. We cannot discern God’s plan. What we do know is that with every minute that we’ve got, we can live our lives in a way that takes nothing for granted,” President Barack Obama said during his eulogy for Beau. “We can love deeply. We can help people who need help. We can teach our children what matters. We can pass on empathy and compassion and selflessness. We can teach them to have broad shoulders.”
Watch it below:
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This