The tyranny that ruled Walmart speakers induced by Justin Bieber—and to a lesser degree, Celine Dion—will end soon. The retail giant detailed various changes at its shareholders meeting this week that employees can expect. One, that reportedly drew the big cheers, via The Washington Post, was flipping out an old CD that repeatedly played the same songs over and over and over and over again.
The ubiquity of this torture was such that a puppet could effectively joke that hearing Dion caused someone to develop “a serious eye-tic,” per The Post. In its stead? Enter Walmart Radio, with a DJ that “will spin tunes to be pumped through the stores.” The frequency of both Canadians’ music was not detailed.
What might not stick, though, is the proposed Legally Blonde-inspired stocking technique as demonstrated in person by Reese Witherspoon.
This article originally appeared on EW.com
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement